The wonderful Chris Votey tagged me in this bloghop, and I’m excited for it to be my reintroduction to the world. I’ve been having an incredibly hard time, that I won’t go into. There’s a lot that lead to my Hiatus, but I’m back! This bloghop really focuses on the how and why of what we write, and I rarely get to talk about that.
- Introduce who referred the blog tour to you
- Answer the following 4 questions:
- What am I working on?
- How does my work differ from others in its genre?
- Why do I write what I do?
- How does my writing process work?
- Introduce the people you’re passing this on to (3 – 4 people if possible who will then post a week later)
- Chris is my mentor and someone who’s struggled a lot in pursuit of his craft. He is an inspiration to me, and someone who really loves the art of writing. Check out his blog, linked above, and learn a thing or two, okay?
2a. I am working on a lot of things, but my main squeeze, my WIP is called Knight of Kuryle. It’s hard to describe what is going on in it. The Story is pretty straightforward, on one side. One of the protagonists is going through the standard hero’s journey, complete with farmer’s son beginning. The other starts the story wanting to kill himself. It all goes downhill from there.
2b. I think my work takes a lot of the normal tropes and turns them on their head. Idyllic fantasy countryside hides a dark secret. Knights journey is the beginning, and not the end. Main character making a deal with the devil. That sort of thing. I’m pretty sure that my work is a little subversive of the main culture of fantasy.
2c. I write what I do because I haven’t seen it in the market, and because I haven’t been able to find and read it. So there’s something great about that, about being able to keep up with something, and allow it to flower like that.
2d. My writing process is… difficult. I have to fight through panic attacks, and anxiety, to sit down and write any words. Then, I have to fight through the same stuff when editing. Then rewrites are just as bad.
- I’m gonna tag Robin Noodelman, my associate. She’s an amazing writer, and I don’t think I could have gotten where I am without her encouragement. I’m also going to tag Leo Charles M. because he’s an amazing CP and the world should know his name. ^.^